Saturday, June 6, 2009

Five hundred, thenty-five thousand six-hundred minutes

So its been Six years (3,153,600 minutes total) since I returned to US soil from the South American Continent.

Reminicent of the Musical RENT (which I have never seen!)

I can still remember the sight of the Santiago city lights fading from my view as the plane lifted off the ground and took me away from the place that had won my heart for the past two years.

Chile! (pronounced Ch-ie-lay)

I had labored and sweated and worked amoung the Chilean people sharing the most important message on the earth...about Jesus Christ and the Restored Gospel! Not all accepted and not all even wanted to even talk to us, good looking americans, well some of my companions were at least. However many lives where changed, most importantly mine!

Life is good! I had a great day! My friend Niki and I played earlier. We went for a bike ride around a quarry, and a walk on the Lake Michigan beach! Had some great soup for lunch and played some ping pong. We were 1 and 1 but couldn't finish the 3rd game as her family showed up from Utah...

Anyway, I came back to my cousins house, watched BOLT! such a good show! I went for a run and really enjoyed getting out.

Its been a great day and I can't believe that its been 6 years. I am sure that I have wasted many of those moments, but I think that I have also made the most of others.

I wish that I had been able to go back and visit, but I haven't been able to. Someday...some other moment.

3 comments:

Heather said...

You should make it a goal to go back :)

Glad you're having fun!!!!! Make the most of it and enjoy every minute!! (A wise friend once told me ;))

Mindy Jo said...

You're so cute, Bret! Miss you!

Lyle and Kathi Gadbury said...

Bret, I think you will talk about Chile all your life, and that is a good thing. Thanks for being such a great son, a great example to all of us, and for just being the fun, happy, and loving person that you are!

You Mom loves you!